Sunday, January 23, 2011

IT'S BEGUN!

This week is the beginning of what we've prepared for during the last few months...the start of our team season. As I probably mentioned before there will be 16 teams coming this year ready to work, enjoy Guatemala, and to bless the children in the homes with their warm arms to wrap around them and some attempts with the Spanish language that always brings laughs from the kids. They're used to that though with us around! The home that we were at this week was overwhelmed at the quality of the work, painting 5 rooms inside and concreting about a 1000sq ft. area for the kids to play, ride bikes on and eventually to play basketball on, as they get older. As I look at our staff functioning, it couldn't be more perfect, as we all work together providing the experience of a lifetime for many that come. I told Sheryl last night that her efforts in getting the activities together for the kids is unprecedented and a real blessing. Things go well when planning is done!
We did have a perfect week of weather, with sunshine every day and temperatures in the 70's. I read this morning that the Northeast US tonight may reach record lows of -30F...don't even want to remember those times. Not too many years ago I would have been spending most of the nights during the cold weather hanging over heat pumps statisfying customers with heating problems. Looking back on that time, I must say that I enjoyed it ....maybe I was crazy, but being a blessing to people is what makes me tick! Even the 15 years of fixing cameras in my earlier years was enjoyable, seeing people thrilled that they would have their camera repaired for the occasion...usually that night! Guess my life is just full of helping people in need.
My parents are coming to GT to visit!! They are in their upper 80's! We will try our best to take care of them and enjoy their time here. They will be traveling with my younger sister and her husband, helping them to navigate through the airports. Leaving out of Washington on Thursday...hoping that the snow wil not be too deep although it doesn't sound good.
Not enough room here for team pictures of the work week so visit our fb page and the ORI fb.
Thanks for your prayers, need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment