Sunday, May 29, 2011

Working Together











As I down loaded this picture to my computer this morning I was reminded how true it is that we can't do it alone. First and primary to our help is our Heavenly Father that is always ready if we allow Him to take part in the activity. Second, it's our coworkers that often make the job more pleasant to do as we remind each other of the blessing it will be to the children, the homes director, and to the community that the project is being done for. The most interesting thought I had, was that while the going is easy we also need the companionship and help of one another. These boys were actually going down hill! The rope was attached to keep it under control while the older boy steered it in the right direction. God allows us to go ahead, and if we allow Him to take the rope he helps to control the load and to guide us down the path of life.
This week has been a pleasant change without teams, to finish some of the chores around the house, and to "entertain the guards with my american way". Yesterday I cut back the bushes out front and then when I thought I was finished, decided to pull the large bush out. In Guatemala we use whatever we have available, so as I hooked up the Highlander to the bush with a tie down strap, they just stood there and laughed saying that I needed a camion,"truck". I was hoping that it would work, just to save my face. It did and then the next chore was to cut it up to fit into garbage bags with a machete. I guess my machete techniques aren't quite like the Guatemalens so I got some laughs and plenty of suggestions during that procedure also. We enjoy their friendship and suggestions....they enjoy the goodies from the kitchen. When they heard that we had a fiesta in the afternoon, Maredith's graduation party, their first question was, here or up there meaning the Freeds. When I said neither, they were disappointed. We gave them some of Sheryl's brocolli salad when we came home, and this morning they were already asking for more. We are truly spoiling them.

Love and Prayers,
Jim and Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment